i got in!!!!

YAY! I wanted to join this swap, but it filled up SO quickly on a weekend when I was really sick. So after lots of agonizing lotteries for replacement people, I finally got in!

4x5 modern Quilt Bee Badge

I'm sure every girl's style changes throughout the years, but I've gone from Victorian in college to MODERN and mid-century (50s) modern!! Quite a jump! We live in a 50s house and although it's nothing like a 50s modern ranch or anything, I try to do what I can inside to make it as modern as I can. I've played with colors for the 10 years we've been here, and I've finally realized that I love the avocados, golds, tomatoes, aquas, and the chartreuses of the 50s and 60s. As accents, that is. I went through a "green phase" where Brad literally forbade me to purchase anything else green for a while. LOL I've been released now and am allowed to buy it again in reasonable quantities. :-)

So, I'm thinking that my new brown sectional needs a cool mid-century modern quilt on it this fall. Here's the color scheme and the angular and modern look of the squares I'm thinking of doing....

4x5 Swap Mosaic


I need to knit a big bulky pillow cover or two, too, for some texture!

No comments on "i got in!!!!

Leave a Reply