christmas came early....

Oh. My. Gosh. I'm. In. HEAVEN.

I met up with Annie of RoseKnits and we made a little trade yesterday. She's starting to collect handmade items for a future baby's nursery; and I had the honors of providing this as-yet-unknown little one with his or her first piece: my green and brown zig zag baby quilt. (No, mutual friends; this is just a "someday when Baby comes" nursery. I'm not insinuating or announcing a thing. I promise.)


In return, Annie unloaded all her bag-making scraps onto me. Can I just say WOW?? Times a hundred!! I think I got the better end of the deal, in my ever-so-humble opinion! Check out what I found in those two unassuming looking little bags (Oh, whoops. Only got a shot of the first bag. The second was an XL Ziploc storage bag)...

Check out all these strips... most are 2.5" or wider... Great for strip quilts, quick piecing, key fobs...


And then there's the Amy Butler/Joel Dewberry/and friends collection (including several out-of-print babies!!):


And my VERY favorite, my very own collection of Anna Maria! (And a few that just looked Anna-ish enough to go together) The boys kept yelling in their best Greek accents "Anna Maria!!" when I'd find another piece. They're quick learners... :-) :



And last but not least, a little Munki Munki, even! Annie and I have a friend who used to own a quilt shop here in Tulsa. This friend apparently was one of Heather Ross's first retailers, so I'm wondering if Annie got this sushi yardage from her. And then there are the beloved and highly sought after Mendocino prints... :
And isn't that Japanese print at the bottom so cute? I saw one of Annie's bags made out of it at her house yesterday, so I was very excited when I realized I had a piece of the fabric, too! I'm easily pleased when it comes to crafty things... :-)


So, I'm going to be BUSY, getting that Etsy shop updated with awesome new things from my new treasures! Between the crafting and the swap leverage, I'm excited! Thanks, Annie!!

No comments on "christmas came early....

Leave a Reply